Its been a while sine I have shared a recipe with y’all. So here it is, an AMAZING Crab Bisque. Warning, this is not at all healthy, but it is so amazing and so rich. I couldn’t even finish a cup of it for dinner last night, that’s how rich it is! Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 4 cups half-and-half, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat (or 1/2 lb, depending on how crab-y you like your bisque!)
- In a medium bowl, blend flour and hollandaise sauce mix with 2 cups half-and-half.
- Melt butter in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add hollandaise mixture, stirring constantly until thickened. Add remaining half-and-half, Old Bay, dry mustard, celery seed, and whipping cream. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Add crabmeat and sherry, stirring gently until warmed through. Serve immediately.
Taken from Karyn’s Cream of Crab Soup Recipe